Save Energy With Nest Learning Thermostat
Did you know that your thermostat is responsible for over half of your monthly energy bill? If you’re trying to save energy in your home, you need a thermostat that not only works with you, but works for you.
Saving money on energy use is not as easy as simply installing a programmable thermostat. You actually have to know how to program it in order to take advantage of its energy-saving capabilities. That’s true no matter how fancy your thermostat is.
The Nest Learning Thermostat uses smart technology to monitor the temperature levels in your home, automatically adapting to your habits and preferences in order to keep your home at the perfect temperature all day long. You can even use the smart technology to adjust the temperature settings from your phone!
The Nest Learning Thermostat is proven to help families save energy. Since the first generation was released in 2011, the Nest Learning Thermostat has saved nearly 15 billion kWh of energy worldwide.
Rather than maintaining a single setting day or night, rain or snow, the Nest thermostat automatically adjusts in response to changes in the seasons, time of day, and your family’s personal habits.
The Nest Learning Thermostat comes with many features designed to make monitoring and managing your family’s home energy use easier than ever. We’ll introduce you to some of the most important.
Energy-Saving Features of the Nest Learning Thermostat
- Auto-Schedule: Every time you change the temperature on your Nest Learning Thermostat, it makes a note. If you repeat the same adjustment at the same time of day (such as lowering the temp before bed), Nest will learn to make the adjustment automatically in the future. To save energy with Nest Learning Thermostat, simply teach it good habits.
- Auto-Away: The Nest Learning Thermostat uses sensors and your phone’s location to determine when you’ve left the house, then turns the temperature down to save energy while you’re away from home.
- Eco Temperature: Like Auto-Away, Eco Temperatures are an energy-saving temperature setting, but one you can turn on while you’re at home. Having an Eco Temperature setting separate from your Away settings allows you to save energy without confusing other Nest products in your home by turning your thermostat to Away while you’re still in the house.
- Early On: When Early On is enabled, Nest will automatically calculate when it should start adjusting the temperature in your home based on your schedule, the weather, and what it knows about how quickly your home heats and cools. With Early On, your home always reaches the right temperature at the right time.
- Nest Leaf: The Leaf appears when you select a temperature setting that saves energy, observing and analyzing your habits to learn how to better help you save.
- Rush Hour Rewards: Energy providers get overwhelmed during periods of peak energy use, such as the first cold snap. To help prevent outages and energy overload, Nest introduced Rush Hour Rewards. When a partner energy provider signals that an extreme temp change is coming, Nest will begin adjusting home temperatures early so that your home is comfortable by the time everyone else is just turning on their heat.
- Energy History: A summary of your daily energy use.
- Home Report: A summary of your monthly energy use.
Nest promises customers that the Learning Thermostat will pay for itself in two years. Users save an average of 10-12% on monthly heating bills and 15% on cooling bills with the Nest Learning Thermostat.
Head to our Nest page to learn more and to calculate how much you could save on energy bills in one year with Nest.