Benefits of Installing a Whole House Water Softener
Most articles heralding the importance of installing water softening systems in your home focus on the negative effects of hard water: shortened lifespan for your home appliances, severe damage to your pipes and plumbing, and increased risk for waterborne diseases, to name a few. However, there are many benefits that come with softening your home water supply, beyond preventing these domestic disasters. Here we list just a few.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener:
- Your summer whites will stay white after repeated washes, rather than turning a dingy grey.
- Fabrics feel soft when they come out of the washer. No stiff, scratchy towels after an afternoon at the lake.
- Water-using appliances such as coffee and ice makers will have a longer lifetime, so you don’t have to worry about running out of iced coffee on a hot July weekend.
- Soft water improves the lathering of soaps and shampoos, allowing you to use less while getting better results—softer skin and shinier hair.
- Spend less time on housework and more time in the sun. Hard water causes the buildup soap scum that can require hours of scrubbing to remove.
- Soft water is more effective to clean with in general. Handy when your kids track mud in the house after playing in the neighbor’s yard the day after a summer storm.
- Glassware and dishware emerges from the dishwasher sparkling clean and garden party ready.
- Your tap water will taste better and be more refreshing.
- Water softeners reduce energy use by up to 30%.
- Your home will be a little more “green”—estimates say installing a water softener in your home reduces greenhouse gas emissions as much as removing one SUV from the road for an entire year.
Convinced your home is ready for a whole house water softening system? Call Bonfe to schedule a consolation or installation.